I got these at mass today at American Martyrs in Manhattan Beach
office of family life
archdiocese of la
3424 wilshire blvd
la, ca 90010
213 637 7228
NFP is a way to get an understanding of the important biological process that many women and men are unaware of. So basically it is an educational process. Michael Dixon (MD St Louis Missouri) believes Natural Family Planning has spiritual as well as medical advantages. There is nothing unnatural, no synthetic drugs put into one’s body, and no irreversible operations. Most importantly, NFP allows the married couple to function in concert with God’s will and remain open to life. NFP Emphasizes communication and committment among the couple: qualities necessary for healthy relationships. The practice fosters character strengths necessary for marital fidelity and long lasting marriage. It is an intergral part of the Church’s teachings on human sexuality, conjugal love, and parenthood.
It is extremely important to learn about NFP from an experienced teacher that is certified. You can call the arcchdiocese at 213 637 7228 to find local providers.
Or you can contact Ben and Jean Lochtenberg from american martyrs church in manhattan beach 310 374 6236
Many women who have used the pill in the past had to live with the side effects of putting these drugs into their system and interrupting their normal and natural cycles. According to Journal of Family Practice (Lowry, 2011) 57 percent of women are unhappy with the Pill due to side effects that include depression, mood changes, nausea, decreased libido, or in rare cases blod clots and stroke.
Only 1 to 5 percent of semen is sperm. The remaining 95 percent of sperm is comprised of 50 compounds many of which are mood enhancers both anti-depressant and anti-anxiety agents, as well as chemicals that the physiological process of bonding between the husband and wife. These chemicals include but are not limited to: cortisol(increase affection), estrone(elevates mood), prolactin (natural antidepressant), oxytocin(elevates mood and physical bonding of the married couple) , thyrotropin-releasing hormone (antidepressant), melatonin (aids sleep), serotonin (well known antidepressant)
By avoiding condoms: not only are they decreasing the woman’s risk of depression, they are increasing the likelihood that she will be more stress-resistant than women whose partners use condoms.
NFP also teaches couples health awareness. By charting fertility signs, couples are more likely to catch developing problems early, affording prompt and more effective medical intervention when necessary. NFP is not just open to life: it saves lives.
Hormonal contraceptives are bad for the environment. In America and Europe the presence of these chemicals in the water supply is causing intersex disorder in fish near water treatment plants. The male fish are producing eggs, because of the increase of human reproductive hormones near rivers and lakes by water treatment facilities.
In Britain, these same chemicals are causing a 30% drop in male sperm count for British Men between 1989 and 2002 (Hall, 2004 from the British Environmental Agency) It is theorized to also be responsible for earlier and earlier onset of menarche in young women.